|Name of the Officer-in- charge||
Smt. Barnamala Ray, WBCS (Exe)
4th Floor, Office of the District Magistrate & Collector,
Barasat, North 24 Parganas
Kolkata - 700124
Ph No : 033-2584-6348 / 8697981616
Services for Citizens/Public Services/Schemes
Rupashree Prakalpa - One Time Financial Grant (Rs. 25,000/-)
- Eligibility :
This scheme shall apply to any woman who proposes to be married if her application satisfies the following criteria:
1. The applicant has attained the age of 18 years.
2. She is unmarried on the date of submitting her application.
3. The proposed marriage is her first marriage.
4. She was born in West Bengal OR she has been a resident of West Bengal for the last 5 years OR her parents are permanent residents of West Bengal.
5. Her family income is not greater than Rs. 1.50 lakhs per annum.
6. Her prospective groom has attained the age of 21 years.
7. She must have an active bank account for which she is the sole account holder. The bank account must be in a bank that has an MICR code and transacts e-payments though NEFT.
- How to apply :
1. Availability of Application Form:
The Scheme's Application form will be available free-of-cost from the following offices -
(a) Office of the Block Development Officer in case the applicant resides in a rural area.
(b) Office of the Sub-Divisional Officer in case the applicant resides in Municipal area.
(c) Office of the Municipal Commissioner in case the applicant resides in Municipal Corporation area.
2. Necessary Documents / Certifications:
The following documents / certifications must be submitted along with the application form -
(a) a) Proof of applicant's age : Self attested photo-copy of any one of the following : Birth Certificate / Voter ID Card / PAN Card / Madhyamik Admit Card / AADHAR Card / Government recognized School Leaving Certificate.
(b) Never-married status: Self-declaration.
(c) Family Income: Self-declaration.
(d) Proof of Residence: Self-declaration.
(e) Bank Account: Self-attested photo-copy of page of bank book which provides complete details of the account holder’s name, account no., bank address, IFSC Code and MICR No. and other details.
(f) Proof of proposed marriage: Any one of the following: Marriage Invitation Card / Notice for Registration of Marriage / Self Declaration.
(g) Proof of prospective groom’s age: Photo-copy of any one of the following: Birth Certificate / Voter ID Card / PAN Card / Madhyamik Admit Card / AADHAR Card / Government recognized School Leaving Certificate.
(h) Coloured passport size photographs of the applicant and the prospective groom.
3. Submission of Application Form:
The completed application form along with all other necessary documents and certifications must be submitted to the Office of the Block development Officer, Office of the Sub-Divisional Officer or Office of the Commissioner of Municipal Corporation under which the applicant’s residence is located and must be submitted before the date of marriage.
- Workflow :
- Whom to contact for queries/clarification/grievance :
Abdus Samad Mondal (Accountant) : Mobile No : 8348636417
- Statistical achievement of last FY :
Rupashree Status Report for North 24 Parganas
Year Total Entry (No. of Application) Sanctioned (No. of Application) Disbursed (No. of Application) 2020-21 25006 23382 23374
- Referral website link of Department :
- How to Check Application Status :
Step 1: Go to web page: https://wbrupashree.gov.in/admin/Login/
Step 2: Click on Track Application
Step 3: Provide your application ID year